Thursday, May 24, 2012

Beach entrance at night. Shot on a Nikon D3 and processed in Lightroom to enhance night lighting.

I decided to use this image as a test case for creating a cinematic night time look, in simple terms I have cooled the color palette down and added additional darker tones into the image. I have illuminated the pathway to make it appear like there is moon light and generally tinted the greens to appear stronger. Many of the other colors have been desaturated and then Lightroom 'split tones' have been used to reintroduce a much colder feel. Definitely an interesting experiment. CLICK HERE to learn more about Adobe Lightroom. To learn more about how I process images check out my Lightroom Tutorial and Lightroom Presets.

CLICK HERE to learn more about Adobe Lightroom. To learn more about how I process images check out my Lightroom Tutorial and Lightroom Presets.